PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Retrive applications running in background to panel

kthari85
May 30th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Hi guys,
Some days back when I logged in there was a crash and it asked me whether to delete the items. I just deleted thinking I can add from the panel.
But now I am not sure how I can do so. I am not telling to add the window switcher application.
For eg : When we start some applications like skype though we close it , it will minimize into the panel, another one is amarock that will not quit the application . But now I am not able to see the icons. ( As the applications are already running in background I cannot relaunch it )
I can take the minimized applications, but when we close , how can I retrieve it ?
Hope you got the problem.

kthari85
June 1st, 2010, 04:09 PM
:guitar: Problem solved. Answer for those who need. Adding indicator applet from add to panel. Thanks for the quick help by http://twitter.com/sreenadhchn

kthari85
June 1st, 2010, 04:16 PM
Sorry it was notification area . The other one status indicator will bring only the volume controller and some other things .

The notification area bring other things like the skype closed , but not ended sessions in the panel.