PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] sound applet missing

marcellux
May 30th, 2010, 05:22 PM
hello,

after upgrading ubuntu 9.10 to 10.04 LTS the icon applet for the sound in the taskbar dissapeared.

thanks

rykel
May 30th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I am not sure why it happened, but Lucid has been giving me strange icon problems too... especially the unpredictable "double icons". (see screenshot of "Input Method" and "Volume Control" double icons)

This happens sometimes only.

Changing the theme from Radiance to Ambiance fixed the problem.

But it might happen again.

marcellux
June 25th, 2010, 03:35 PM
hello,

after upgrading ubuntu 9.10 to 10.04 LTS the icon applet for the sound in the taskbar dissapeared.

thanks

ok. I found out what the problem was. It was not a problem indeed. things are just different now.

with 9.10, notification area applet showed the networks on range (i.e. network manager) and the volume control.

now with 10.04 that notification applet just shows the network manager. if you want the volume to be shown you have to add the "indicator applet" to your taskbar, and it will also show an "envelope".

swamirijuda
June 25th, 2010, 04:55 PM
thanks a lot. that solves the problem. i was also struggling to get the volume control icon back. adding the Indicator Applet got it back on place. thanks once again.

pi3832
July 2nd, 2010, 07:25 PM
@

fatalfurry
July 14th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Thanks this also solved my same issue.

Adntu
August 24th, 2010, 04:03 PM
thanx, solved my problem too.
I remember removing the envelop thing, didn't notice the volume icon disappear with it. now, I was trying everything even I thought about this "indicator applet", but I couldn't relate it to the sound applet in anyway! I wounder, what is the logic behind it?