PDA

View Full Version : My First Anniversary With Ubuntu

Khakilang
May 30th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Boy, its been a year now after playing with Ubuntu 8.10 on my old computer. Than I install 9.04 on an old notebook still feeling a bit unsure about the OS. Screw up once in a while with some broken dependencies. No one here to help me except this forum and some magazine. Than move to 9.10 and see how it goes. Than I gather all my guts and wipe my Window XP machine and install with 9.10 and now move up to 10.04. Its been a smooth ride for me this year. But there is much to learn and I certainly will deal with that. I must thank Ubuntu and the team of developer for that and Linus Thorvald too.

:guitar::guitar::guitar:

NightwishFan
May 30th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Glad to have you around. ;D

murderslastcrow
May 30th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Koh's always a pleasure to read. Ubuntu really is great, and sometimes I think it's hard to really perceive how much work has been put into it thus far; Debian, specifically.

We're on the road to bigger and greater things every day, and that's what makes it so exciting.

XubuRoxMySox
May 30th, 2010, 10:59 AM
I just recently marked my first year of Linux too. I started with Ubuntu (Intrepid - about a week before Jaunty was released), and distro-hopped just for comparison, almost one distro per month! When I learned to "build my own," I used Debian Xfce and ended up with a mixture that is not very different from Xubuntu! Except that getting it to run on my hardware was so problematic that I ended up just going back to Xubuntu. Full circle.

Congratulations (to us both) on our first year of liberating Linux!

Sharing the party,
Robin

Frogs Hair
May 30th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Glad to here it , I only have 4 months and 9.10 and 10.04 have been great !! I will finish my first year
as a 10.10 user if I like it.

Guitar John
May 30th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Happy Anniversary.
Many more.

gnomeuser
May 30th, 2010, 06:53 PM
happy anniubuntury

Sealbhach
May 30th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Congrats Koh! It certainly puts the fun back into using your computer, don't you think?