PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Should I rather do fresh instal of 10.04 ?

mrpenguin
May 30th, 2010, 02:17 AM
I upgraded to 10.04, upgrade went fine but now I have lots of problems.
My wireless internet is extremely slow, its as if I am on dail up
My Rogers Rocket stick that used to work perfectly is now not connecting to the internet wich is a huge problem for me.
Flash player now dont work either and Mozilla thinks its not even installed
I cant change the time and date, it tells me I have to unlock to change the Time but when I click on unlock nothing happens.
Who knows what else is not working either ...

I am not impressed at all with 10.04, my laptop and Netbook used to work perfectly before the upgrade and now I have tons of problems

What can I do to fix my problems or will a fresh install work better

wojox
May 30th, 2010, 02:19 AM
What version did you upgrade from?

insecureboy
May 30th, 2010, 03:42 AM
U clearly do need a fresh install of some operating system w/ all the problems u mentioned
so why not try 10.04 and see what happens

bildr
May 30th, 2010, 03:45 AM
i got 10 while it was alpha and ran side by side, no issues for me. i think your upgrade hosed.

blagosphere
May 30th, 2010, 03:55 AM
It was recommended to install all updates and be on karmic before going to the new distro. At this point a fresh install is the fastest easiest thing to do.... and probably the only thing to do.

mrpenguin
May 30th, 2010, 11:34 AM
What version did you upgrade from?

I don't know what version I had, 9. Something, I do a daily update so it was the latest before 10.04
weird thing is that both my laptop with ubuntu 10.04 and my netbook with remix 10.04 is having the exact same problems.

frantid
May 30th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Have you tried running off a livecd or a usb stick? It could be that there are issues with your drivers in Lucid. I would run off a livecd to verify that it works as expected before doing a new install.

mrpenguin
June 1st, 2010, 03:04 AM
well i re installed 10.04 and i still have the same problems ... i am extremely pissed off that i had a working computer and after doing an update to the newest version have a computer full of problems that is now making me think of going back to windows ... not impressed at all

my question is ... can i install 9.04 again ??