PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Desktop Or Netbook Via Laptop

YaPloNo1
May 29th, 2010, 10:28 PM
ok my laptop currently has vista home premium 32bit, 4gb ram and 150gb hd...ive already shrunk this to create free space for the ubuntu install...now i did a search and found this (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9291303) and it appears to suggest the desktop version would be better for my laptop than the netbook but doesnt suggest why so can anyone, with my brief laptop stats that ive given, just confirm if the desktop edition would be best for my laptop and elaborate slightly why it would or wouldnt be...thanks in advance, ya!:KS

darkod
May 29th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Personally, it comes down to visual in my opinion. Especially if you have a laptop (with a bigger screen), not a netbook.
On my netbook I install UNR 9.10 when it came out without trying how it looked first. I didn't like the menu look, and after 2 days installed the Desktop 32bit version over it.

Even though it's just a netbook with 10" screen and 2GB ram, it works just fine with the desktop version.

I suggest to try both version in Try Ubuntu mode, and see what you like best. Otherwise, both will work fine I guess.

coolman98
May 29th, 2010, 11:21 PM
You should definetly go regular ubuntu.

YaPloNo1
May 30th, 2010, 02:37 PM
thanx guys

snowpine
May 30th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Try both; choose the interface you like best. Some users like the Netbook interface even on a bigger screen. Your computer is not a netbook, though. :)