PDA

View Full Version : Should I start an electronic company or just join one?

TheNerdAL
May 29th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I want to make an electronic company like Sony, Apple, and other ones but I don't know if that is a good idea.

Should I just join one? I want to be the richest guy in the world though.

Thanks.

fatality_uk
May 29th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Good luck with that!

john_spiral
May 29th, 2010, 10:07 PM
grow a beard

leef
May 29th, 2010, 10:08 PM
grow a beard

This

Phrea
May 29th, 2010, 10:09 PM
You really got some big ideas, don't you. :D
Seen a lot of them in the past few months. :D

kaldor
May 29th, 2010, 10:15 PM
grow a beard

http://www.lirneasia.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/richard_stallman.jpg

?

pwnst*r
May 29th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Get some education first. You're not quite there yet. Oh, and forget about starting a company without some capital.

In other words, join an existing company.

TheNerdAL
May 29th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Get some education first. You're not quite there yet. Oh, and forget about starting a company without some capital.

In other words, join an existing company.

Okay.

Flaky
May 29th, 2010, 11:03 PM
You could just try to start a small business, like a computer repair shop or build computers, and work your way up from there until you have enough to start buying from factories. Although I'm not sure if you would get very far, but it's worth a shot if you've got nothing better to do.

TheNerdAL
May 29th, 2010, 11:12 PM
If I join a company, is it possible to be the CEO of that company?

wojox
May 29th, 2010, 11:14 PM

After a lot of hard work, sure

Sporkman
May 29th, 2010, 11:14 PM

Yes - start a corporation, then as owner of that corporation you can assign yourself CEO.

sydbat
May 29th, 2010, 11:15 PM
If I join a company, is it possible to be the CEO of that company?Eventually.

Frogs Hair
May 29th, 2010, 11:18 PM
A quick search shows two electronics companies in Houston. You may have to be 18 to work for them.

Shining Arcanine
May 29th, 2010, 11:20 PM

Well, what you want to do is to start in the mailroom. Then eventually if you work hard, you will be running the company. That is what I heard anyway.

Sporkman
May 29th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Well, what you want to do is to start in the mailroom. Then eventually if you work hard, you will be running the company. That is what I heard anyway.

It helps if you pretend to be an executive who's actually away on vacation, plus start a romantic relationship with the current CEO's wife.

cguy
May 29th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Hahaha!
I can't decide: is he slow or is he trolling? :D

TheNerdAL
May 29th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Hahaha!

I just think differently. :)

wilee-nilee
May 29th, 2010, 11:56 PM
I will just say if you have to ask you might not be qualified. I have owned my own business since the mid 90's

handy
May 30th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Hahaha!

I decided some time ago that he is a bored kid using the Cafe to amuse himself.

TheNerdAL
May 30th, 2010, 01:16 AM
I decided some time ago that he is a bored kid using the Cafe to amuse himself.

I am not.

wilee-nilee
May 30th, 2010, 01:18 AM
I am not.
Of course not that would take self reflection, and realizing your self.

john_spiral
May 30th, 2010, 01:18 AM
You could just try to start a small business, like a computer repair shop or build computers......

how about using ***** old 2nd hand computers running Linux, but remember you will def need sandals, especially since the beard must be coming along nicely by now?

Lightstar
May 30th, 2010, 02:01 AM
I want to make an electronic company like Sony, Apple, and other ones but I don't know if that is a good idea.

Thanks.

You need to stop having so many ideas and not following through.
Do one thing, do it well, and you'll succeed.

sudoer541
May 30th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Why do you guys even bother to post since you are not giving him a mature answer?
His question is fairly good, and it tells me that he wants to do something with his life in the future. :mad:

Love ya!!!!!:P

Irihapeti
May 30th, 2010, 04:16 AM
You can begin by working for a company and learn a lot that way. Later on, you can decide whether to go out on your own or to stay working for someone else.

Khakilang
May 30th, 2010, 04:21 AM
grow a beard

Wait a minute there. Bill Gate don't have a beard neither is Steve Job.
:guitar:

cariboo
May 30th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Wait a minute there. Bill Gate don't have a beard neither is Steve Job.

http://imgur.com/2vyEn.jpg (http://imgur.com/2vyEn.jpg)

Khakilang
May 30th, 2010, 04:39 AM
I got this one.

nerdopolis
May 30th, 2010, 05:01 AM
TheNerdAL: just to let you know, Apple was started in a garage. but you might want to join one for some time to get a little experience, and maybe even ideas first.

handy
May 30th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Why do you guys even bother to post since you are not giving him a mature answer?
His question is fairly good, and it tells me that he wants to do something with his life in the future. :mad:

I don't agree that the question is good.

I do agree that he may want to do something with his future, though from his previous threads I think that the OP has a good though impractical imagination with regard to this matter.

Perhaps he should consider that a strength when looking into what he may possibly be best suited for?

3rdalbum
May 30th, 2010, 06:02 AM
There's plenty of scope for ideas in the consumer electronics space.

I'd agree with the other posters - if you have to ask whether you should start a company, then you don't have the ability to do it (not without studying business at university).

I've always wanted to start a consumer electronics brand where the emphasis is on making TVs, DVD recorders etc very easy to set up and use. For a number of years I worked as a TV installer and found that some tasks were difficult to explain to the customer, and that the interfaces on some CE items were very unintuitive.

However I simply don't have the business training to start such a company; and if I did, there would be the danger that I'd end off like Ruslan Kogan: An importer of cheap crud from China with a warranty that's barely worth the paper it's written on. Who seems to take delight in seeing mass unemployment occurring after an electrical retail chain go bankrupt.

Still, if you've got the right ideas and are willing to do relevent units at university or TAFE, you could climb up the corporate ladder at an existing company and become part of a product visionary team. You wouldn't become the CEO through ideas.

handy
May 30th, 2010, 06:15 AM
@3rdAlbum: It sounds like you were trying to reduce the number of 12 o'clock flashers. :) (in the VCR days)

I found that solicitors & car salesmen were prime candidates for membership in that club. lol

neoargon
May 30th, 2010, 06:27 AM

Thanks.

You know, most of the electronics companies like nokia, samsung etc were started with profit motive by peoples who were interested only in money and not in electronics . If you have interest in electronics and have knowledge and talent to be an engineer , join a company . If you are interested in money and have the ability and tricks to be and entrepreneur , be it and start a company . If you have both , start a company and be the CEO .
Its all up to you any way .

kpholmes
May 30th, 2010, 06:55 AM
this thread made my day =D>:lolflag:

TheNosh
May 30th, 2010, 06:55 AM

Thanks.

if i know my history properly, the following plan should work.

first, you're gonna want to start a couple decades ago, so you'll need one of these.

http://www.dixonschwabl.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/tardis.jpg

then, you're gonna wanna do some acid while you get a buddy to do most of the work.

sell one of these to fund it.

http://www.musclepricecars.com/muscleCarImages/1963_VW_microbus.jpg

buy a graphical interface from Xerox. it will be cheap, because they won't realise that it could have been one of their most profitable innovations of all.

now, here's the key. DO NOT allow some dudes from another company to work with you on the developement graphical interface computers. they may copy it and then beat you to release.

http://imgur.com/erjBu.jpg

KiwiNZ
May 30th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I have seen a lot of arrogant replies in this thread to what was a fairly innocent benign question.

Some folks need to climb down off their ego poles and give it a rest before they post.

I am going to close this thread before any further posts are made that are not in the spirit of Ubuntu are made.

To the OP I am sorry I have to do this , please feel free to PM me if you wish