PDA

View Full Version : Linus Torvalds' funny quotes

ssj6akshat
May 29th, 2010, 10:45 AM
[]I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones.

[]My name is Linus Torvalds and I am your god.

[]Those that can, do. Those that can't, complain.

[]I'm basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do.

[]I don't ask for money. I don't ask for sexual favors. I don't ask for access to the hardware you design and sell. I just ask for the thing I gave you: source code that I can use myself

[]The thing that has always disturbed me about O_DIRECT is that the whole interface is just stupid, and was probably designed by a deranged monkey on some serious mind-controlling substances. *
*In other words, it's an Oracleism

[]Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen an angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100 mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.

[]See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)

[]Talk is cheap. Show me the code.

[]'m a bastard. I have absolutely no clue why people can ever think otherwise. Yet they do. People think I'm a nice guy, and the fact is that I'm a scheming, conniving bastard who doesn't care for any hurt feelings or lost hours of work, if it just results in what I consider to be a better system. And I'm not just saying that. I'm really not a very nice person. I can say "I don't care" with a straight face, and really mean it.

[]In short: just say NO TO DRUGS, and maybe you won't end up like the Hurd people.

[]Anybody who tells me I can't use a program because it's not open source, go suck on rms. I'm not interested. 99% of that I run tends to be open source, but that's my choice, dammit.

[]The fact that ACPI was designed by a group of monkeys high on LSD, and is some of the worst designs in the industry obviously makes running it at any point pretty damn ugly.

[]Software is like sex; it's better when it's free.

[]I do get my pizzas paid for by Linux indirectly.

[]In my opinion MS is a lot better at making money than it is at making good operating systems.

[]Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems.

[]Shareware tends to combine the worst of commercial software with the worst of free software.

[]The memory management on the PowerPC can be used to frighten small children.

[]An infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs would never make a good program.

Enjoy:popcorn:

Random_Dude
May 29th, 2010, 11:12 AM
[]Software is like sex; it's better when it's free.

This one cracked me up!
:lolflag:

ssj6akshat
May 29th, 2010, 12:03 PM
This one cracked me up!
:lolflag:

It is my favorite too

Rollandne
February 1st, 2013, 04:00 AM
1. My computer beat me at checkers, but I sure beat it at kickboxing.
- Emo Philips
2. Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
- Jim Carrey funny quotes (http://www.motivation.net.au/quotes/funny-quotes)

TheGeekWhoLived
February 1st, 2013, 06:51 AM
[]Talk is cheap. Show me the code.

How is this not on a t-shirt somewhere? Thinkgeek is definitely slipping.

mamamia88
February 1st, 2013, 06:55 AM
1. My computer beat me at checkers, but I sure beat it at kickboxing.
- Emo Philips
2. Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
- Jim Carrey funny quotes (http://www.motivation.net.au/quotes/funny-quotes)

brilliant quote. gotta say my favorite is in my sig