PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Chrome bookmarks toolbar folder,font size

Experimental
May 29th, 2010, 10:32 AM
The fontsize of the bookmarks in the toolbar are huge. I want to make them smaller. How can I do that ? I use latest chrome

Experimental
May 29th, 2010, 04:40 PM
upup

Experimental
May 29th, 2010, 07:28 PM
:s

Experimental
May 30th, 2010, 05:35 AM
The bookmark's font size in the bookmarks toolbar are so big. I want to small them how can I do that

lovinglinux
May 30th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Creating multiple threads (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1496326) and bumping them all the time won't help to get a response. Is not consider polite to do that. Please wait a t least 24 hrs to bump your thread.

I tried to find your answer, but this what I have found:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=0125470386276403&hl=en

http://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/developers/design-documents/accessibility#Chrome_toolbar

I don't use Chrome, so I could be wrong, but I think you can't do what you want.

If you are looking for customization, then stick with Firefox. Chrome customization capability is a joke.

rykel
May 30th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I noticed the big bookmark fonts too, and believe it is a Linux thing. You will find that the fonts in Windows Chrome looks really sweet, tiny and neat, especially if Clear Type is used.

cariboo
May 30th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Please don't create multiple threads on the same subject, I have merged your two threads.

Experimental
June 2nd, 2010, 05:38 AM
I am so sorry about that. It wont happen again. I've edited font-sizes in tree.css bmm.css but it didin't work

cKGunslinger
August 21st, 2010, 04:45 PM
I realized I was running a months-old version of Chrome Beta, so I updated to the latest today, only to see my Bookmarks Toolbar font size become gigantic as well (like 16 or 18pt font.)

Still haven't found a solution or setting to fix this. I did notice that when I played-around with the DPI settings in my font menu, teh Bookmark Toolbar Text did not change at all when raising/lowering the value (default 96dpi.) Maybe Chrome is ignoring this setting?

---

Google Chrome 6.0.472.36 (Official Build 55963) beta
WebKit 534.3
V8 2.2.24.14
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/6.0.472.36 Safari/534.3
Command Line /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome --enable-extensions --enable-plugins

the_mouse
September 3rd, 2010, 09:29 AM
That problem has been bugging me too for the last couple of months :(

Experimental
September 7th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Still it is too big. Any ideas ?

the_mouse
February 20th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Well, I guess it's a bug in Chrome, since it presented itself after an update between versions of the browser :(. I'm still struggling with larger font-size on my bookmarks bar in Chrome 10 beta.

rcolonia
April 14th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I have the same problem. Chrome should use the system theme and DPI configuration... any solution?):P

the_mouse
April 18th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Nope, same thing on Chrome 11 beta.

andyvy
October 2nd, 2011, 11:19 PM
Same issue here. Huge font in Bookmarks bar.

Only thing close to a solution I've come across is changing Font Rendering and even that doesn't make the font small enough, and usually breaks fonts else where in the OS. (Like my XChat looks terrible after changing Font Rendering...)

Change Font Render:

Click System > Preferences > Appearance >

In Appearance Preferences Window:

Click Fonts tab > Click Details button >

Under "Hinting" section select "Full" instead of "Slight".

Check not just Bookmarks in Chrome but other font around your OS, make sure it's still readable.

If anyone else finds a better solution, not a temporary one please post.

Copper Bezel
October 2nd, 2011, 11:29 PM
I don't think there is one. The bookmarks toolbar is a skinned element and doesn't depend on GTK settings. The rest of the interface can be skinned however you like by creating a custom theme extension, but that doesn't seem to apply to the bookmarks toolbar.