PDA

View Full Version : Vbulletin is SO annoying

CowPie
February 11th, 2005, 06:23 AM
It seems like they have aestnhetics down but forgot that we still need to find things:

no search in members list
no link to view all our replied-to posts
no search for a USERNAME in a thread

So frustrating, it seems like it's half-done ](*,)

DJ_Max
February 11th, 2005, 06:36 AM
You can search for a username in a post by going to advanced search, also go to your usercp to see all your subscribed threads, or just search your username.

CowPie
February 11th, 2005, 06:52 AM
You can search for a username in a post by going to advanced search, also go to your usercp to see all your subscribed threads, or just search your username.
Yeah I've been doing the search thing but a link would be nice.

Thanks for letting me know about the sub. threads!

As for search by user: that seems to search the entire forum, not the thread, if I go to advanced search.

Buffalo Soldier
September 11th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Yeah I've been doing the search thing but a link would be nice.

Thanks for letting me know about the sub. threads!

As for search by user: that seems to search the entire forum, not the thread, if I go to advanced search.Have you tried the Search This Thread button?

macgyver2
September 11th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Yes, there are a few things that are minor annoyances for me, too...one example is how I'd really prefer if I could open a thread in hybrid or threaded mode and have the thread be fully expanded from the get-go instead of seeing "More replies below this level"...for really large threads sometimes I have to go through four or five of those to get to the new posts! Still, I like vBulletin overall. Before I came here I spent a lot of time on the Gentoo forums and I still go back there once-in-awhile. Those forums use phpBB...I like vBulletin better than that in terms of asthetics and functionality. The only thing I really don't like about it is that it's not free software (phpBB is).