PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] can't get rid of the KDE fonts in GNOME

ptviperz
May 28th, 2010, 04:07 AM
I finally performed my upgrade from Karmic today, everything went smooth and looked great. I decided to check out how KDE looked so I logged out, went into KDE and poked around for a bit then went back to GNOME. All my fonts are now that horrible tiny KDE font and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to return the fonts to their previous glory.

Can anyone, please, point me in the right direction? I've totally removed KDE from my system, I took all the files out of ~.fontconfig and set antialiasing to false in /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-antialias.conf but still no joy.

[edit] I haven't found the settings to get back to default but I've installed the MS font pack which looks better than the KDE stuff

SlidingHorn
May 28th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I finally performed my upgrade from Karmic today, everything went smooth and looked great. I decided to check out how KDE looked so I logged out, went into KDE and poked around for a bit then went back to GNOME. All my fonts are now that horrible tiny KDE font and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to return the fonts to their previous glory.

Can anyone, please, point me in the right direction? I've totally removed KDE from my system, I took all the files out of ~.fontconfig and set antialiasing to false in /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-antialias.conf but still no joy.

[edit] I haven't found the settings to get back to default but I've installed the MS font pack which looks better than the KDE stuff

This will get you back to a pure Gnome setup:

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnome

ptviperz
May 28th, 2010, 05:34 AM
This will get you back to a pure Gnome setup:

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnome

I did that but it still didn't remove the fonts. It DID, however, remove mysql, phpmyadmin and mediawiki. :)

SlidingHorn
May 28th, 2010, 05:35 AM
I did that but it still didn't remove the fonts. It DID, however, remove mysql, phpmyadmin and mediawiki. :)

well you shoulda told me you wanted to keep those individual components...gotta keep a mental inventory of EVERY package you have installed!!! ;) ..kidding -- don't punch me

Kilz
May 28th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Right click on the desktop, select Change Desktop Background, go to the fonts tab, change them to your hearts content. :)

ptviperz
May 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM
well you shoulda told me you wanted to keep those individual components...gotta keep a mental inventory of EVERY package you have installed!!! ;) ..kidding -- don't punch me

LOL, it was fine, reinstalled them and didn't lose a thing. It did give me a bit of a shock :)