PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 install error : Unable to find a medium containing a live file system

trisys@hotmail.com
May 28th, 2010, 12:27 AM
After finally finding an ISO that didn't give me the error found here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1466946 I've run into a new error in my quest to install ubuntu 10.04 on my newly built box.

Thinking there might be an issue with the fact I'm using SATA 3 I've set my HD to be AHCI as stated on the forum. After that change this is what I'm getting, I even went so far as to try fedora.

Ubuntu 10.04 Language pack DVD 64 bit - try ubuntu without installing - failed with no error message

Ubuntu 10.04 Language pack DVD 64 bit - try ubuntu without installing - nomodeset - began loading initially - failed with the following message:
BusyBox v1.13.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu11) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'Help' for a list of built-in commands.
(initramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system

Ubuntu 9.10 desktop cd 64 bit - try ubuntu without installing - began loading initially - failed with the following message:
BusyBox v1.13.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu11) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'Help' for a list of built-in commands.
(initramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system

Fedora 13 live cd 64 bit - boot menu item chosen - began booting - failed with the following message:
Boot has failed, sleeping forever.

I'm currently running
MoBo: ASUS P6x58D Premium
CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 2.80 GHz
RAM: 6 GB of DDR triple channel
HD: Western Digital 2 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64 MB Cache
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 275 Co-op PhysX 1280 MB DDR3 2.0 PCI-Express

The DVD Burner and the Hard Drive are both currently running on SATA 3, which is the way I would prefer to keep them if at all possible.

Any Help or suggestions that you can offer would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks

garyedwardjohnston
September 9th, 2010, 08:17 PM
same prob