PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems after upgrading to 10.04

Lockheed
May 27th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I just upgraded from 9.04 to 10.04 and so far I have those problems:

1. Before, everything in my system was in English. Now, half is in English, half in another language (PCManFM, some menus etc). I tried setting up Language Support but it changes nothing.

2. Cursor themes work only when hovering the mouse over "X" buttons in the right top corner of the window. As soon as I move the mouse somewhere else, it goes back to default cursor theme, even though I tried selecting 5 different themes - same result.

4. Hibernation don't work anymore. s2disk saves image to disk and then it resumes it but computer stops on text message along the lines of "Resume completed successfully".

5. Changing volume with keyboard shotcuts no longer works.

6. Smplayer does not display picture anymore when playing movies. The view is just empty. I can only hear the soundtrack. It is using XV filter.

7. PCmanFM that used to worked flawlessly, now after going into 1 or 2 subdirectories stops reacting to clicks on file/folder list. Need to open new instance to be able to do anything and this again would become unusable after visiting 1-2 folders.

kansasnoob
May 27th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I just upgraded from 9.04 to 10.04 and so far I have those problems:

How did you do that?

There is no official upgrade path from 9.04 to 10.04, only from 8.04 and 9.10.

Lockheed
May 27th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Basically, 9.04->9.10->10.04. The second part was three times longer than the first one.

Lockheed
May 27th, 2010, 09:34 PM
List of problems updated.

Lockheed
May 28th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Really, no-one can help me with at least some of those?