PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Screenshots only display wallpaper

Tsuzanxi
May 27th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Hi, I'm running 10.04 with compiz under gnome, and I'm having trouble getting my screenshots to capture properly. Currently they only display my wallpaper and not any windows or panels.
I tried using the module in the custom settings manager but no key-binds seem to work, well either that or the plugin is failing to load when I initialise it.

Could someone help me with this please?

byStanderone
May 27th, 2010, 08:50 AM
...haven't encountered that problem on taking screenshots, but with the info you provided, can only offer a wild guess...it seems that there is a problem when you installed...do the latest system update before anything else.

Gremlyn1
June 30th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I have this same issue, occurs whether I use Print Screen or Shutter. I'm running a 10.04 guest in VirtualBox with an XP host and have all the latest updates installed.

BillBauman
June 30th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I have this exact same issue. I have had it ever since 3D acceleration was added to VirtualBox. It has occurred under every version of Ubuntu guest I have tried, from 8.04 on. It seems that any Windows Vista / 7 x64 host (and perhaps others, I have those confirmed on my own), with any Ubuntu + Compiz-enabled guest has this problem for me. I can't believe this is isolated to just a few of us, since I have tried other hardware and both Vista/7, and it's been reported under XP, as well. If you disable all acceleration (System, Preferences, Appearance, Visual Effects: None), the problem goes away.

I'm not sure where to go with this. Anyone?

Gremlyn1
June 30th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I guess it depends on whose bug it is... not sure how to figure that out.