PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu does not see all drives

Mark_Galeck
May 26th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Hello,

I have two hard drives, 160GB has WinXP installation, the other 200GB has just data. In the 200GB I installed Ubuntu. At boot, I now have a choice: Ubuntu or XP. If I boot to Ubuntu, "Places" show the 160GB drive contents, but from the 200GB drive, only the Ubuntu filesystem, not the whole disk.

What do I do to get the whole disk contents to show??

Thank you,

Mark

darkod
May 26th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Are you sure you have other partitions on the 200GB disk?

Can you post the results of:

sudo fdisk -l

jerenept
May 26th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Are you sure you didn't delete your data?

Mark_Galeck
May 26th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Yes, I did not delete my data :) and also, I only have one partition (Ubuntu was installed as a file on a Windows filesystem).

OK, so what I see, is that Places->Computer, does not show my 200GB drive. Like I said before.

But, I discovered that under /host, there are all the files on that other drive. OK, I guess that is the way it is? Hope this helps others with the same problem.

Thank you,

Mark

darkod
May 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM
and also, I only have one partition (Ubuntu was installed as a file on a Windows filesystem).

You should have started with that. :)
Also, that's called wubi and it has its own thread type, [wubi], not [ubuntu]. We can't know if you don't tell/show us.

Mark_Galeck
May 28th, 2010, 04:17 PM
You should have started with that. :)
Also, that's called wubi and it has its own thread type, [wubi], not [ubuntu]. We can't know if you don't tell/show us.

Oh, thanks I did not know that wubi mattered. Actually, I could not run wubi at all from it's website, it gives me errors, which I posted here, there were many views but no replys.

So, I went to the Ubuntu site, burned a CD with the downloaded Ubuntu latest image, and then, on the CD, there was a wubi.exe, OK this time it worked.

darkod
May 28th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Unfortunately, I don't use wubi at all, and I don't know in details how it works. I have no idea why it shows or doesn't show any disk or partition. Sorry.