PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Remove "Set up Mail..." option from notifier

yippy
May 26th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I've configured Gmail as my default mail client, and installed gm-notify to enable it on the notifier icon dropdown, but I still have the "Set up Mail..." option to configure Evolution.

Any idea how to get rid of the "Set up Mail" option?

yippy
May 27th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Now I've also installed Pidgin instead of Empathy, and have the same issue there. I have both the Pidgin option and the old Chat option.

There has to be a way to edit the notifier list.

yippy
May 28th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Finally just uninstalled Evolution and Empathy, and that did the trick. I had to reboot though, just killing the gnome bar didn't update it for some reason.

BigSnacks
May 28th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Is it possible to uninstall these in my daughter's profile, but leave them in mine, or will removing them apply to all users?

BigSnacks
May 28th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Tested it for myself and... it applies to all users. D'oh!

x-shaney-x
May 28th, 2010, 10:31 PM
As far as evolution is concerned you could go to "Edit > Plugins" on your daughter's evolution and disable the indicator plugin.
I don't think there is any way to remove empathy from indicator per user other than to remove the indicator applet from the panel.

Dr.Snuggles
August 4th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Reviving this thread because it was the first result I found on Google, and it doesn't really give any answers:

All you have to do is

sudo apt-get remove evolution-indicatorlog out, log back in and the annoying "Set up Mail..." should be gone.