PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Razer Naga Mouse works?

Macchia
May 25th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Anyone can confirm that the Razer Naga works under ubuntu? i mean, all the buttons do work?

Macchia
May 26th, 2010, 02:29 PM
bump?

shearn89
June 23rd, 2010, 06:22 PM
Bit late, but yes.
Well, sometimes:

Sometimes it doesn't recognise the mouse at all when I boot up, sometimes it recognises it as a mouse but without the numpad, which I believe acts like a second keyboard.

Hope this helps.

r+9
December 16th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I'm getting one for christmas, I'll let you know how it works out.

r+9
December 16th, 2010, 10:10 PM
"Program the mouse with any old Windows setup. The mouse has on-board memory to store keyboard-macro shortcut events. Use in combination with Xbindkeys in Linux. You DO NOT need a native driver to get it to work with Linux, you just need to program the mouse on any old Windows machine with the drivers on it.

My 10-button Razer Lachessis has full functionality in Linux. I can't be sure that you can get ALL 17 buttons working on that mouse-but I'd think you can get most of them."

found this in the "tubes" might be helpful.

messermekki
January 10th, 2011, 11:35 AM
"Program the mouse with any old Windows setup. The mouse has on-board memory to store keyboard-macro shortcut events. Use in combination with Xbindkeys in Linux. You DO NOT need a native driver to get it to work with Linux, you just need to program the mouse on any old Windows machine with the drivers on it." no that dosent work. you only can swich off the lights of the mouse, but it dont recognize the programming of the buttons (i tested it with my dualboot system on the same pc) .
They only can act as numpad or the ordinary numbers on the top of the keybord. (this can be swiched at the bottem of the mouse)

PrettyLittleLiarsRulez
March 9th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Mine works, number pad part is working in Blender. I started using it on windows, but I don't remember programming it.

It didn't work when I unplugged my old mouse and then plugged it in, but it did work when they were both plugged in and then I unplugged my old mouse.

[S|G]
October 4th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Programming the macros doesn't work because the Naga doesn't have onboard memory, unlike the Lachessis. I currently own a Naga and a Naga Epic and none of them allow you to save the macro settings to your mouse.

The thumbgrid works just fine as a numeric keypad, though.