PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] thunderbird not workin gafter upgrade

unix1adm
May 25th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I finally got around to doing some more testing after I upgraded from Ubuntu 9.x to 10.x and now Thunderbird wont work right.

It wont let me see the messages correctly. its slow and takes forever to load.

What do i need to do to correct this?

Do i need to remove it and reload?
Will I lose all my email and my account settings?
Anyone else have issue with Thunderbird after upgrading?

cariboo
May 25th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Thunderbird 3 uses ~/.thunderbird instead of ~/.mozilla/thunderbird, did your settings and files get transfered to the new directory? I've been using essentially the same email storage directory since Thunderbird was in beta, it just gets backed up and restored to newer versions/distros, I've never had the problem you are describing after the first start up.

unix1adm
May 26th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Thunderbird 3 uses ~/.thunderbird instead of ~/.mozilla/thunderbird, did your settings and files get transfered to the new directory? I've been using essentially the same email storage directory since Thunderbird was in beta, it just gets backed up and restored to newer versions/distros, I've never had the problem you are describing after the first start up.
well my mail files are there but the qui is all messed up. does not work right. I tried an uninstall and reinstall and same issues.

the backdrop show through the application. it never loads right and basically unusable.