PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is There a Wallpaper Management Program that Works With Dual Monitors (Ubuntu 10.04)?

tviviano
May 25th, 2010, 06:48 AM
I've been looking and trying various programs to replace my beloved Wallpaper-Tray on my new Ubuntu 10.04 setup. The problem is, nothing seems to be able to work with my dual monitors like wallpaper-tray did.

Drapes, Wally, Nitrogen, and Wallpapoz are all pretty worthless when it comes to dual monitors. I am looking for something that will stretch my dual-screen wallpaper across both screens like wallpaper-tray did. Drapes comes close by centering a wallpaper in the middle of both screens - but if it can't stretch it across both screens then that's a deal-breaker for me. Not all my dual screen wallpapers are 3840x1200. Also, drapes was giving me errors every time at startup....very annoying.

Or am I just missing something with the programs I've been trying? It's surprising that those programs wouldn't have more options available for dual monitor setups.

Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Nythain
May 25th, 2010, 06:52 AM
awsetbg with feh works wonderously... only problem is, gotta install awesome to get awsetbg, and i cant get feh to behave correctly without using awsetbg :(