PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Using wheelmouse to minimize, to turn Cube

Skara Brae
May 24th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Hello to all,

If I may, I have a few small questions that the Search function doesn't give me any results for.

1. Does anyone know if and how I can "roll up" a program window by using the mousewheel? At work we have SLED 10/KDE (Ubuntu/Gnome is "better"), and there I can do it that way. It would be nice if I could do it here at home, in Ubuntu 10.04, too.

2. in "Gutsy Gibbon", I could turn the Compiz cube with the mousewheel. Can this be done with the mousewheel in 10.04 too, and if so, how? I don't seem to find it in the CompizConfig Settings Manager (or I'm missing it, which wouldn't be so strange, considering the countless things one can change in Ubuntu).

A few unimportant, but interesting questions perhaps. Thanks for any replies!

wojox
May 24th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I can go to System > Preference > Windows, and under Titlebar Action, choose 'Roll up' from the drop-down menu.

The next window you open double click the left button on the title bar.

I'm not to familial with Compiz. Sorry.

Skara Brae
May 24th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Wojox,
Thank u for replying. I had changed the "roll up window" to "maximize window", when double-clicking on the menubar. I had already found that option. But I would like to be able to "roll up" a window by using the wheelmouse, as I do at work in SLED 10/KDE.

I admit, this is a very unimportant matter :)

jerome1232
May 24th, 2010, 10:00 PM
If you use emerald as a window manager instead of metacity it's default. At least in Jaunty it was. I haven't used emerald in awhile for no real reason at all.

I like that feature too btw.