PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to update Wine?

bilbo.san
May 24th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Hello,
I have to computers running Ubuntu, a desktop and a laptop. The desktop has updated WINE since yesterday, but the laptop doesnt seem to find any updates for it... could be something wrong with the installation?... I have already working a couple of things on Wine and dint want to uninstall it to seek for the new version 1.2.
For any comments, thanks!

sandyd
May 24th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Hello,
I have to computers running Ubuntu, a desktop and a laptop. The desktop has updated WINE since yesterday, but the laptop doesnt seem to find any updates for it... could be something wrong with the installation?... I have already working a couple of things on Wine and dint want to uninstall it to seek for the new version 1.2.
For any comments, thanks!
you need to add the WINE ppa for it to update to 1.2
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa

selva.al.raj
May 24th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Hi all,

I'm new here and ubuntu as well.

I have a query related to wine may be i can post it here as i don't want to create a new thread.

I have ubuntu 10.04 LTS. and WINE 1.2-rc1

i have one voip software JUMBLO installed in it. (www.jumblo.com).

the application is opening well, but it is not connected to the site. it's not logging in and i'm not able to do calls.

can somebody please help me?

am i doing anything wrong here?

nhasian
May 25th, 2010, 12:33 AM
in case you dont know how to add a ppa, there are detailed instructions from winehq here:

http://www.winehq.org/download/deb

nhasian
May 25th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I noticed on their website they have a link that says "MAC AND LINUX USERS CLICK HERE" do they have a native linux version? I tried to access it but it requires signing up with them.

nevermind, it just redirects you to http://www.linphone.org/index.php/eng

i have one voip software JUMBLO installed in it. (www.jumblo.com).

the application is opening well, but it is not connected to the site. it's not logging in and i'm not able to do calls.

can somebody please help me?

UpSignal
May 25th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Here you go

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine

selva.al.raj
June 5th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I noticed on their website they have a link that says "MAC AND LINUX USERS CLICK HERE" do they have a native linux version? I tried to access it but it requires signing up with them.

nevermind, it just redirects you to http://www.linphone.org/index.php/eng

thanks hasian. I have installed linphone. but don't understand how use this to call land phone numbers. :(

i think if somebody can help me to fix the jumblo in wine will be very useful. so far i guess the problem with sharing the internet connectivity with the wine applications.

hope someone can help me.

thanks.

ashwinhgtx
June 5th, 2010, 08:19 PM
thanks hasian. I have installed linphone. but don't understand how use this to call land phone numbers. :(

i think if somebody can help me to fix the jumblo in wine will be very useful. so far i guess the problem with sharing the internet connectivity with the wine applications.

thanks.

Why don't you use something simpler like Skype? You need to pay for the service anyway.

bilbo.san
June 5th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks everyone!
I was added the APP line, however, when running the update, it gives an error with some PUBLIC KEY not authenticated... or something.

If you guys could help me this one...
thanks
b.

ashwinhgtx
June 6th, 2010, 05:25 AM
You need to get the proper GPG key from wherever you added the Wine ppa.

selva.al.raj
June 6th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Why don't you use something simpler like Skype? You need to pay for the service anyway.

well.. i was using for long time. i have credit in that. also they are cheaper than skype.

ashwinhgtx
June 6th, 2010, 02:06 PM

thanks.

Why exactly are you not able to use linphone? It's able to connect to the service provider right?