PDA

View Full Version : HTML5 and WebOS/Palm Pre Plus

e24ohm
May 24th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Folks:
I am a little baffled at what I found today when I stopped off at a Verizon store. I thought WebOS was HTML5 ready; however, when I browsed to http://www.youtube.com/html5, I get an error notifying me that my browser is not supported. What options are available to get HTML5 on WebOS/Palm Pre?

hrhnick
May 24th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Folks:
I am a little baffled at what I found today when I stopped off at a Verizon store. I thought WebOS was HTML5 ready; however, when I browsed to http://www.youtube.com/html5, I get an error notifying me that my browser is not supported. What options are available to get HTML5 on WebOS/Palm Pre?

i always assumed it supported html5.
could be a h.264 codec issue?

Merk42
May 24th, 2010, 07:20 PM
HTML5 is much much more than the <video> tag ](*,)

e24ohm
May 24th, 2010, 08:02 PM
HTML5 is much much more than the <video> tag ](*,)
Totally agree, but I am a big fan of HTML5, and the other features that are packaged in the markup language; however, why would only a specific set of features be supported?

I did notice in a few streaming videos of Google's I/O, that it looks like Chrome will be coming to WebOS.

Call me odd, but I like to support the Under-Dog... "eye of the tiger, eye of the tiger", so I am very excited to support WebOS and not to mention that C/C++ will be coming to the OS.

Merk42
May 24th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Totally agree, but I am a big fan of HTML5, and the other features that are packaged in the markup language; however, why would only a specific set of features be supported?

I did notice in a few streaming videos of Google's I/O, that it looks like Chrome will be coming to WebOS.

Call me odd, but I like to support the Under-Dog... "eye of the tiger, eye of the tiger", so I am very excited to support WebOS and not to mention that C/C++ will be coming to the OS.

Because as a spec HTML5 isn't complete. So nothing can support 100% of HTML5's features when even the people writing the spec don't even know what they would be.