PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Back to 9.10 from 10.04. What about SKYPE?

flyfishingphil
May 24th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I just stepped back down to 9.10 from 10.04 and went in to Symantics to get Skype. As it was installing it stated it was an outdated version and needed to be updated. Went to SKYPE and all that was listed there was a version for 8.10.

Anybody know where to get the "current" version for 9.10?

Before anybody asks, I ran into several problems in 10.04 with my HP D1600 printer, Logitech headset/microphone, and others. Went back to 9.10, installed that, did the updates, hooked up printer and headset and everything worked immediately. Figure I'll wait until everything is properly "tuned" in 10.04 before I try it again. Really liked 10.04 but was having too many problems getting things to work right.

5nak3
May 24th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Hi,

As far as I am aware the last Ubuntu version of skype was for 8.10

I've been running that version since 8.10 (currently on 9.10) and it works fine with my bluetooth headset.

So just use that. It may lack a number of features when compared to windows, but I need it just for calls so I dont mind.

flyfishingphil
May 24th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Hi,

As far as I am aware the last Ubuntu version of skype was for 8.10

I've been running that version since 8.10 (currently on 9.10) and it works fine with my bluetooth headset.

So just use that. It may lack a number of features when compared to windows, but I need it just for calls so I dont mind.
Thanks much 5nak3. I'll try the one that came from Synaptics and see if it works.

(Interesting way of writing SnakE)