PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Changing screen without having to Log Out or Reboot (Lucid)

jfamadei
May 24th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Hello all :)

Lately I found out that my little nettop (Acer Revo)'s architecture (ION) could read HD videos quite easily, thus I've decided to buy a long HDMI cable to plug it to my HDTV.

When I plug the cable to the TV, the image appears but the resolution isn't fit to the TV (1080P) but it keeps the same one as the previous screen (1650X...).

I'm going to see what's going on on "Monitor" and then I have this message :

It appears that your graphics driver does not support the necessary extensions to use this tool. Do you want to use your graphics driver vendor's tool instead?

Well, no problem I can use Nvidia's panel but here again, the detected screen is the previous one, not the TV and I can't set up a higher resolution.

So far the only way I've found is Log out and log in but as you understand, it's not very practical. Do you have any idea on how can I manage to change screen without having to do all these things ?

Thanks in advance!

micktaiwan
May 25th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I'm not a X expert, but doesn't you have to configure two screens in the X config file ?
http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/linux/usersguide/linux_ugxconfig.html