PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to change the default boot to windows in Ubuntu 10

DrToddK
May 24th, 2010, 12:17 PM
i have searched, and searched, and searched all over, various websites, various search terms...etc here on the ubuntuforums the ONLY hit is "[ubuntu] Change default Boot OS from Ubuntu 9.10 to Windows XP Pro (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1405051&highlight=change+default+boot+windows+Ubuntu+10) "
i just installed 10.03 UBUNTU on my xp64 machine, i can not find the way to change the default boot OS to windows, by default it is UBUNTU

also i can not find what drive association it is as i boot from drive G not C, most howto's say it is most likely 4, i am absolutly a newbie to Ubuntu 10.03, in older versions it was system>admin>startup manager. why THAT would be removed is kind of shocking, that is a step backwards for "ease" of use

this change is mostly for my fiancée, she needs XP and just flips the switch and walks away till it boots

thank you to anyone that can help. i need my hand held for this, as most sites say one has to manually edit file(s)...not recommended

Dr Todd K.

EDIT:: after re reading the link above and adding more caffeine to the bloodstream, i found i need to install startup manager, this should be installed by default, i apologize as i cant delete this thread, thank you