PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Various OpenOffice types in the same document?

qrwe
May 24th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Hi,

Im currently using OpenOffice.org Writer to write a hand in document for my course. I've come to the point where I want to create a graphical tree in Draw to present an idea and then add this document into writer.
I've tried to use Insert -> Object -> OLE Object, and add the document as an inline frame. This looked pretty ugly though, either it's too small or there seems to be no way to just resize the frame without stretching the whole document into unreadability.

So, any ideas anyone? Thank you!

rob-ward
May 24th, 2010, 02:00 PM
You could always try converting your tree into an image and then insert that into writer, probably not the best way but it is very easy to do and will allow you to scale the tree as an image to suite your needs.

If not hopefully an openoffice expert will have more idea as I rarely use draw and it's even rarer that I insert complex diagrams that arn't images into documents.

qrwe
May 25th, 2010, 05:15 PM
You could always try converting your tree into an image and then insert that into writer, probably not the best way but it is very easy to do and will allow you to scale the tree as an image to suite your needs.

If not hopefully an openoffice expert will have more idea as I rarely use draw and it's even rarer that I insert complex diagrams that arn't images into documents.

Of course that could work, but it sounds more like some workaround to me. This is a deeply missed feature in OO.org.. :-(
(..if someone else doesn't have a clue?)