PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Missing "desktop" icons in Xfce

fredbird67
May 24th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I've got a screencast I need to do tomorrow morning to prepare a video presentation. I'm using PC/OS at home, which is based on Xubuntu, so I don't see why anything here would be any different from that.

Where I work, they don't do Linux -- not even on servers, as our I.T. guys are too lazy to even bother learning Linux. Therefore, for my screencast, I'm trying to make my Xfce desktop look as much like Windows 7 as I can make it. I'm doing a pretty good job except for one little problem: I have no "show desktop" icon. I've got the blank space there right next to the menu launcher (circled in red) and I can click on it to toggle showing the desktop (just tested it while typing) and it works just fine, but it's a blank space on my taskbar.

Also, in my home folder, there's no "Desktop" icon there, either. I've attached a screenshot here where I've pointed out the problem areas circled in red. Does anyone know how I can fix this? The icon theme in question is Win2-7, which I found on GNOME-Look, if that's any help.

If anyone can tell me how to fix this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanx in advance,
Fred in St. Louis

fredbird67
May 24th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Never mind!

I have three other Windows Vista/Seven icon themes on here and I switched to another. The thing I liked about the one where my "Desktop" icons were missing was that I had the Internet Explorer logo for my Firefox icon (remember, I'm trying to go after a fairly convincing Windows 7 look-alike for the purposes of this presentation). Well, with another one of the Vista/Seven look-alike themes, I found where to change just that one icon, so it's all good now.