PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cursor problem in Lucid

chaopoch
May 23rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
No matter what cursor theme I choose, every time I move the cursor from any application window to desktop, it becomes the default theme; then I move it back to the application window, the cursor will changes back to the theme I choose .

I ever tried to create a ~/.Xdefaults with content as follows, but still no success.

Xcursor.theme: TheCandyman

Thanks for help.

Snoober
May 25th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Same problem here

Snoober
May 25th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Actually, this worked for me:

http://www.ubunturoot.com/2010/05/how-to-change-mouse-cursor-in-ubuntu.html

Linye
May 25th, 2010, 05:42 AM
^^^^

Worked for me too. Thanks for posting!

hok00age
May 25th, 2010, 10:52 AM
No matter what cursor theme I choose, every time I move the cursor from any application window to desktop, it becomes the default theme; then I move it back to the application window, the cursor will changes back to the theme I choose .

I ever tried to create a ~/.Xdefaults with content as follows, but still no success.

Xcursor.theme: TheCandyman

Thanks for help.
Run:

sudo gedit /etc/alternatives/x-cursor-theme

You'll get:

[Icon Theme]
Name = Oxygen White
Comment = Oxygen mouse theme. Oxygenize your desktop!
Inherits = oxy-white

Name = Cursor theme name (or fill as you want)
Comment = (optional)
Inherits = FOLDER NAME OF YOUR CURSOR THEME (usually saved in /usr/share/icons)

Now, change your cursor theme gnome-appearance-properties

Hope this will help you

TerminX
June 4th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't recommend just editing the index.theme from whatever theme you have selected like that instead of just changing the configured theme. The change will revert as soon as the package containing that theme is upgraded, and it's never a good idea to just randomly edit non-conf files like that.

Instead, use 'sudo update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme' or manually symlink /etc/alternatives/x-cursor-theme to one of the other .theme files in /etc/X11/cursors or /usr/share/icons/<themename>.

Snoober
June 5th, 2010, 01:42 AM
I wouldn't recommend just editing the index.theme from whatever theme you have selected like that instead of just changing the configured theme. The change will revert as soon as the package containing that theme is upgraded, and it's never a good idea to just randomly edit non-conf files like that.

Instead, use 'sudo update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme' or manually symlink /etc/alternatives/x-cursor-theme to one of the other .theme files in /etc/X11/cursors or /usr/share/icons/<themename>.

Perfect! Thank you. That does work much better and is easier. I had no idea. Now hopefully this compiz bug will be fixed soon.

bluepicaso
June 20th, 2010, 03:43 AM
NOthing above worked for me i tried this

$ compiz --replace in the terminal. this worked for me..

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04

gax
June 26th, 2010, 12:35 PM
nothing above worked for me i tried this

$ compiz --replace in the terminal. This worked for me..

I'm using ubuntu 10.04

+1

tanks!

carbine83
June 30th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Nice one thanks, this was driving me mad! I see a few people have had this problem, so I guess it's a nice little bug , hope they sort it soon!