PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I have an entirely Okami themed lucid now!

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 10:02 AM
I'm so excited! It was my favorite game now I have a japanese-esque/okami beryl cube (basket weaving for the top and bottom with okami wallpaper for the faces). An okami firefox theme, okami login screen with okami login sound and red panel bars that resemble the red bridges you see in a lot of old japanese places. I just wish there was a better font to use than steve's handwriting. I also wish I could make the windows resemble the dialog boxes from the game. Oh well that could be something to work on.

BigSilly
May 23rd, 2010, 11:03 AM
We demand pics! I'm a massive Okami fan. :)

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 11:14 AM
Okay, they're bad captures sort of. I have a different wallpaper for my login screen, but I don't know how I would capture an image of that. I'm also using the sound from the start of the game when that little girl says "Okami...Okami...Okami...Okami...Okami..." as my login sound.

http://omploader.org/tNGUxZg (http://omploader.org/vNGUxZg) http://omploader.org/tNGUxaA (http://omploader.org/vNGUxaA)

Lightstar
May 23rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
Very cool, that sure makes a colorful desktop!

undecim
May 23rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
Nice.

I detect some video tearing in that second image. You should make sure your refresh rate in compiz matches your monitor's refresh rate.

bruce2000
May 23rd, 2010, 07:40 PM
Nice work. I've been looking out for Okami on the PS2 for a while now.. it's hard to get hold of.

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 08:21 PM
Nice.

I detect some video tearing in that second image. You should make sure your refresh rate in compiz matches your monitor's refresh rate.

Actually it's because I turned the cube as the screenshot was being taken, or you may be right :)
I'll go run through the settings.

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 08:23 PM
Nice work. I've been looking out for Okami on the PS2 for a while now.. it's hard to get hold of.

It was hard to get a hold of it 5 years ago, and I got lucky when I found it used in my local game store. I keep it very safe.

bruce2000
May 23rd, 2010, 08:31 PM
I've only been looking for it fairly recently after hearing it was a good game. I did find one version in my local store but I passed because there were no instructions with it.

zekopeko
May 23rd, 2010, 08:33 PM
Here is a nice wallpaper of Okami.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/185055/okami.jpg

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 08:35 PM
I've only been looking for it fairly recently after hearing it was a good game. I did find one version in my local store but I passed because there were no instructions with it.

Real men don't need instruction books :P I would go back and get it if I were you, it's an easy game to pick up and you can easily get 60 hours of enjoyability. I've played through it twice, and there's no tedious parts in that game.

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 08:38 PM
Here is a nice wallpaper of Okami.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/185055/okami.jpg

That is a good one thanks! It's actually hard to find decent large wallpapers on google because it's flooded with stupid anime drawings from "artists". Now where to put it...I already have a login screen image, a skydome, a desktop wallpaper...A ha! I could put it on the top of my cube!

bruce2000
May 23rd, 2010, 08:43 PM
Real men don't need instruction books :P I would go back and get it if I were you, it's an easy game to pick up and you can easily get 60 hours of enjoyability. I've played through it twice, and there's no tedious parts in that game.

lol after seeing it I looked up the instruction book online and it seemed kinda complicated. When I went back it had gone.. I guess a "real man" had got it.

I'll find it.. sooner or later.

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 08:47 PM
lol after seeing it I looked up the instruction book online and it seemed kinda complicated. When I went back it had gone.. I guess a "real man" had got it.

I'll find it.. sooner or later.

Do you need the PAL version because you're in Europe?

bruce2000
May 23rd, 2010, 08:56 PM
yep im after the pal version

im looking on ebay.. a few people are selling but its not cheap

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 09:02 PM
Yeah I just tried finding the PAL version, and it's definitely hard to find. The NTSC version just requires a search on amazon. It might be cheaper to buy a NTSC PS2, NTSC Okami, and an electrical adapter.

Edit: Wait I found this, with the buy it now it's still not bad. It's about $25-$30.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Okami-Playstation-2-PS2-PAL-Brand-New-/180498627244?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_PC_Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a068e7aac

bruce2000
May 23rd, 2010, 09:14 PM
hehe you are joking right about buying all the kit, i thought americans didnt do sarcasm :)

that price also has +shipping to england, its a bit much for me

ive seen one on the local ebay here for 5 (about US $8?) gonna bid on that

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 09:25 PM
Well you made it sound like it was crazily expensive :P. I've seen games go for several hundreds of dollars like FF7 for the PS1, so it wouldn't surprise me.

It's definitely worth it even if it's about $30.

bruce2000
May 23rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
did i?! :) thanks for giving me the link, but as i said its a bit expensive for me

i try and go for cheap games because most i dont play. i think ive got about 30 ps2 games and i only play 1 or 2.. thats why i dont like spending a lot

id never pay a few hundred dollars for any game

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 09:46 PM
Do you at least play through them once? I'd say $20 at most is a good price then, I mean it's really addicting (bear the intro/tutorial though, it's about an hour long total), and has a good story. An actual good story not a cheesy good game story, but a japanese folklore story.

bruce2000
May 23rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
no thats what i mean.. 9/10 games i play for 2 minutes (ok a figure of speech, maybe 2 hours) and then decide i dont like it and never play again. i guess im not much of a gamer

you keep talking about price. yeh if you can find a good game that you play a lot.. its worth it. but for me i just dont play them. if you find a game where you play for 60 hours then its a great deal (as compared to say paying $5 for a 2 hour movie)

bruce2000
May 23rd, 2010, 09:58 PM
i prefer the internet.. irc/forums and stuff to playing games

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 10:24 PM
ah well if you can last that long than you can get into okami. You should really try to play your games to the end. Some of them are really good. Okami is one of those rare gems that didn't follow suit with the majority of games.

bruce2000
May 23rd, 2010, 10:47 PM
im curious about your avatar picture.. its kind of mad.. it isnt from okami is it?

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 10:58 PM
Naw, it's from James Cameron's production of James Cameron's Avatar by James Cameron. I couldn't think of an avatar pic so I took a pic from Avatar and decided to make it look silly.

bruce2000
May 23rd, 2010, 11:01 PM
ahh i thought it looked familiar i like it

Legendary_Bibo
May 23rd, 2010, 11:04 PM
thanks, I never had the luxury of watching it in 3D, but on blu-ray in 1080p it's very sexy :P

bruce2000
May 24th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Naw, it's from James Cameron's production of James Cameron's Avatar by James Cameron. I couldn't think of an avatar pic so I took a pic from Avatar and decided to make it look silly.

so who is it from?