PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Broadcom STA Wireless Driver - Keeps on asking for PW

sanoelk
May 23rd, 2010, 06:12 AM
I decided to use the STA wireless driver in my Ubuntu 10.04, and my connection actually became faster! Only problem is that it keeps on asking for my wifi password. I didn't have this kind of problem when I was using the b43 wireless driver - it just automatically connects everytime I reboot.

Any ideas on how I can make my laptop stop asking for my password everytime I reboot?

Thanks.

sanoelk
May 23rd, 2010, 11:58 AM
I really hope someone could help me with this. I want to have a faster connection. :(

dino99
May 23rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WPAHowTo#Avoiding%20password%20nagging

sanoelk
May 23rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. But I'm not sure if the article you posted describes the problem that I'm having.

I can connect using the b43 wireless driver - it doesn't keep on asking for my password and readily connects when I boot up my laptop. Problem is, the connection is slow. It even fluctuates.

But when I tried using the STA drivers, the speed that I'm getting is way faster. But the problem is before I can connect, it would ask for my password several times. When it finally gets connected, it will stay connected. But when I reboot my laptop, it will ask for the password again several times.

Does that article really address the issue I'm having? Thanks. :)