PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help -- Disks renamed after upgrade to Lucid!

couzin2000
May 23rd, 2010, 02:09 AM
I have two 500GB HDs that were named respectively Downloads and Video. I use these as storage, therefore they hold most of my stuff.
After upgrading from 9.04 to 9.10 to 10.04 within the same day, I ran into some problems with the last upgrade and had to install Lucid directly from cd on top of Karmic. Everything went well, except for minor bugs.

But today I'm finding out both my disks were renamed Downloads_ and Video_, and that the permissions to the existing mountpoints Downloads and Video are revoked.

I'd like to find out how to fix this, as these are also connected thru NFS to my laptop client, and whenever I try to connect I run into a permission problem. As well, whenever I want to use a torrent program, it keeps wanting to download to the old mountpoint, but there's no drive there.
I think the problem is simply that for some reason ubuntu is not using the existing mountpoints after the upgrade because of improper permissions.

I'm not too good with permissions, so I'd like some help in that field. Please help me restore the drive name to its original name and manage the permissions!

couzin2000
May 24th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Bump... please, anyone?