PDA

View Full Version : William Wallace, Fedora, Ubuntu and Mono C# apps.*Linux Freedom

michaelmartin007
May 22nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
William Wallace was a Scottish Knight who is known for leading a resistance during the Wars of Scottish Independence and is today remembered in Scotland as a patriot and national hero.

Microsoft and patents.
www.computerworld.com.au/article/347159/microsoft_sues_salesforce_com_battle_crm/

Have you seen or you know the story of William Wallace?
I imagine the operating system GNU/Linux on the role of William Wallace and Microsoft in that of Edward I of England. William Wallace fought for Scotland's freedom and GNU/Linux is fighting for software freedom.

What do you think of Mono, C# and Gtk#?

I would imagine Mono in the role of a part of the Scottish nobility.*They were landowners both in Scotland as in England and had her heart split. Microsoft, of course, should be the King Edward I of England.

Congratulations to Ubuntu for F-spot replacement by Shotwell in Ubuntu 10.10.*I think it is a successful movement for vala gnome own technology.

Where there is money Microsoft defends its patents.*If Ubuntu or Gnome become dependent on C#, mono or .net they are putting themselves into a real danger.*If one day there is much money involved Gnome/Ubuntu will see how Microsoft uses its patents.

Linux and Microsoft are fighting in the same field.*If Linux use weapons of Microsoft technology (C#, net) we are lost (those who like the world of GNU/Linux).

NO TO ANY MONO APP. (f-spot, gbrainy, tomboy...)

FEDORA, CONGRATULATIONS to defend freedom.
FEDORA, you are William Wallace in GNU/Linux.

I hope that Ubuntu will soon replace Tomboy and Gbrainy.*C# is the technology of Microsoft. It rule on C# and .net

Gnome is great with gtk+ and many good bindings as vala, gtkmm, python, lua..., but C# is microsoft and they rule on it.

howefield
May 22nd, 2010, 02:49 PM
Were you to know the history of the Wars of Scottish Independence, (or pretty much any war, for that matter) you would not make such a crass and ludicrous comparison.

Elfy
May 22nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
There are more than a couple mono threads in this forum we don't need another one. Thread closed. (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=302)