PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Removing Ubuntu

KruSuPhy
May 21st, 2010, 11:13 PM
Hey guys, I need help removing ubuntu.
I plan on reinstalling in the near future, but After installing ubuntu 10.04 and constantly getting the BSOD, I got my friend to find his copy of windows XP. He said the guy he got his laptop from gave it to him(guy at the store in town) so Hopefully, even though it's just some CD-Rom and not an official windows CD thing, it should work.
But when I start the laptop and try to boot from CD-ROM, the computer still boots as normally and goes to the BSOD. I need to remove ubuntu so hopefully that stops and I can then install windows. can someone help?

darkod
May 21st, 2010, 11:24 PM
The cd-rom not booting has nothing to do with ubuntu. You need to set in BIOS cd-rom to be before hdd in boot devices.

If it still doesn't boot from the cd, that means the cd is not bootable. Again, that has nothing to do with ubuntu.

Sef
May 22nd, 2010, 01:01 AM
The cd-rom not booting has nothing to do with ubuntu. You need to set in BIOS cd-rom the be before hdd in boot devices.

If it still doesn't boot from the cd, that means the cd is not bootable. Again, that has nothing to do with ubuntu.

Also there could be a hardware problem that prevents it from booting up normally.

Rasa1111
May 22nd, 2010, 01:07 AM
the cd-rom not booting has nothing to do with ubuntu. You need to set in bios cd-rom to be before hdd in boot devices.

+1