PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How can I have one panel instead of two?

const451
May 21st, 2010, 09:27 PM
I have two panels (one contains Applications, Places, System, etc., another contains the shortcuts to my opened applications.) I think it's a waste of a real estate and I would like to combine those two in single panel.

Is it possible to have a single panel, and if yes, how can do I have to do to have it?

Thank you!

SlidingHorn
May 21st, 2010, 09:28 PM
I have two panels (one contains Applications, Places, System, etc., another contains the shortcuts to my opened applications.) I think it's a waste of a real estate and I would like to combine those two in single panel.

Is it possible to have a single panel, and if yes, how can do I have to do to have it?

Thank you!

Right click on the panel you do not want, and select "Remove Panel"

After that, you can add whatever applets you would like to the remaining panel (menu, taskbar, notifications, clock, etc etc etc)

const451
May 21st, 2010, 10:11 PM
Thank you !

Now I am starting to like it.

Now if I could just make FireFox toolbars thinner ...

dustinmarlowe56
May 21st, 2010, 10:20 PM
the opera web browser is very thin in terms of tool bars, and much thinner overall than firefox. it also has alot of features that can be added on such as a web server. Oh yeah, its faster too.

SlidingHorn
May 21st, 2010, 10:21 PM
Thank you !

Now I am starting to like it.

Now if I could just make FireFox toolbars thinner ...

This should help with that: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=845839

SlidingHorn
May 21st, 2010, 10:25 PM
the opera web browser is very thin in terms of tool bars, and much thinner overall than firefox. it also has alot of features that can be added on such as a web server. Oh yeah, its faster too.

You can also take a look @ Chrome and/or Chromium. Very minimal screen usage (no toolbars by default & the tabs ARE the title bar), and it also has a faster engine than FF

const451
May 21st, 2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah! I'll have to find appropriate Ubuntu theme or FireFox theme. I tried Compact theme from that thread but it's a way too skinny lol.

I've tried both Opera and Chrome before but I keep coming back to FF.

Thanks, guys, for your help!

SlidingHorn
May 21st, 2010, 11:36 PM
any time...enjoy your Ubuntu!