PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problem checking for upgrades

mikeee99
May 21st, 2010, 08:23 AM
I just installed Ubuntu on my Dell D600 Laptop. I used a 9.1 install disk that I used to install Ubuntu on my PC about 6 months ago. I figured that I would just install and then do all the upgrades. The install went fine, and it worked great after the install, but when I checked for upgrades it froze. The mouse cursor won't even move. I turned it off manually and it worked fine, but when I checked for upgrades again, the same thing happened.

I am kinda new to Ubuntu, so I'm probably doing something stupid, but I would really appreciate it if someone would help me out.

Thanks and please let me know if you need more info, I will look it up and post it.

mikeee99
May 21st, 2010, 08:51 AM
Update, it froze again when I tried to check for upgrades so I turned it off manually and now when I turned it back on it freezes on the start screen.

Doug11
May 21st, 2010, 09:40 AM
If you plan on updating to 10.04 Lucid,,I would burn a copy of it and do a fresh install rather than the upgrade. I think this is the preferred way and avoids a few issues I think.

mikeee99
May 22nd, 2010, 05:42 AM
I got it to restart after a few tries, but it keeps doing the same thing. I'm going to download 10.04 and reinstall.

BTW why did they make the the start up look really low graphic and with a well I guess the color is fuschia background?