PDA

View Full Version : A graphical BOOT AREA

smileyacid
May 20th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Has anyone else thought about a graphical BOOT AREA,
like lilo or grub with mouse usage and icons or thumbnails to click on I think a lot of Win Ubu dual booters would like this a lot + there is a lot of dual booters after all cause unfortunately its still a Windows with walls world

-kg-
May 20th, 2010, 10:46 PM
I personally would be interested in such, and not only for dual booting between Windows and Linux. I also multi-boot multiple Linux OSes. However, that would be something that would need to be discussed with the developers of GRUB. GRUB would have to be modified to include such functionality before Ubuntu could incorporate it. GRUB is used for most all present day Linux distros; it's not developed by Ubuntu.

Anything else you need help with?

smileyacid
May 20th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Rather than modifying it they could modyfy + bring out as a new version/type but i think it would be V usefull for new Win - Ubu users + multi booters like yourself

bapoumba
May 21st, 2010, 08:39 AM
Moved to Cafe.

smileyacid
March 13th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I know this is an old post now but to finish up if any ones interested in the idea of a graphical boot display then I found something called BURG which looks pretty good, I haven’t been able to get the resolution right yet though but a good start for dual booters.