PDA

View Full Version : computer wont turn on?

tkblackbelt
May 20th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Ok so my desktop just turned off and wont turn back on basically when i replug the the power cord the green light comes on but when i press the power button the light goes out and doesnt turn back on. Do you guys know if theres a simple fix or should i just take it back to bestbuy. thanks :)

MindSz
May 20th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Maybe the power supply is dead? Do you at least hear the cooling fan spinning?

Peter09
May 20th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Sounds pretty terminal to me - a deceased computer.

sydbat
May 20th, 2010, 10:10 PM
1) You need a new power supply.

2) DO NOT take it to Best Buy, unless you want ALL OF YOUR DATA LOST. Seriously, this happened to a friend 2 months ago, similar circumstances, and Best Buy "included a format" just for S&G.

3) Looking at your info, if you really are from Manitoba, go to the Memory Express in Winnipeg. They won't mess up your box

tkblackbelt
May 20th, 2010, 10:11 PM
It was a referbished desktop and nothing happens the green light on the back is on and when I press the power button the button lights up for a second and then turns off and the green light on the back goes out to. And the green light turns back on when i replug the ac after a few min.

i have a warrenty on it and its ony 6 days old so ill probably just take it to bb also it has some pirated stuff on it should i format thr hd in it

MooPi
May 20th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Garrr, pirates a swinging their cutlass inside your case. Scurvy dogs !