PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Lucid - Cannot get Rhythmbox notification icon back

mk1w86
May 20th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I have a machine running Ubuntu 10.04 and I accidentally removed the Rhythmbox icon in the notification area by right clicking it and I think I must have selected remove or something.

The problem is I cannot seem to get it back and it is enabled under the Plugins section of Rhythmbox. :confused:

3Miro
May 20th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Try to right-click on the notification panel and to bring up Properties or something like that. Under XFCE I can select apps that I do not want to appear in that area.

Another option is to check the Rhythm box itself. It will have a notification icon settings somewhere.

(sorry for not being more helpful)

moongia
May 20th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I have a machine running Ubuntu 10.04 and I accidentally removed the Rhythmbox icon in the notification area by right clicking it and I think I must have selected remove or something.

The problem is I cannot seem to get it back and it is enabled under the Plugins section of Rhythmbox. :confused:

the plugin is "status icon",,if you dont see it still,you may have removed the indicator applet..right click and add it back..you may need to log out and back..hope this helps.

coslo
May 20th, 2010, 09:09 PM
As pointed out by moongia you probably removed the Indicator Applet. If you want to get it back, right click on the upper panel, then Add to panel > Indicator Applet. However, you can also live without it: just reboot, open Rhythmbox and you should see the status icon (provided you keep the status icon plugin enabled in Rhythmbox). Actually I disabled the Indicator Applet for the moment, as I find it confusing.

mk1w86
May 21st, 2010, 03:48 PM
A reboot seemed to fix the problem. :)

I knew I should have tried that first, I'm just so used to changes made in Gnome taking effect immediately. ](*,)

lindenbranch
October 4th, 2010, 02:07 PM
the plugin is "status icon"...hope this helps.
Yes, that helped a lot. Apparently the configuration for this plugin changed when I upgraded from 10.04 to 10.10. Thanks.

svenskmand
October 11th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Yes, that helped a lot. Apparently the configuration for this plugin changed when I upgraded from 10.04 to 10.10. Thanks.
The exact same thing happened for me :S, after upgrading to 10.10 the indicator symbol disappeared, but going to Rhythmbox plugins section and changing it helped :)