PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] "Hardware Drivers" missing in System->Administration

Beren Sanders
May 19th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I have upgraded a previous partial installation of karmic up to lucid. When I go to System->Administration there is no "Hardware Drivers" link. What should I apt-get install to get the Hardware Drivers link.

utnubuuser
May 19th, 2010, 08:19 PM
jockey-gtk

If it's already installed, take a look in System>>MainMenu to see if you can add it to the menu.

zomorodkar
November 23rd, 2010, 11:10 PM
jockey-gtk

If it's already installed, take a look in System>>MainMenu to see if you can add it to the menu.

hi,
im fairly new to ubuntu and i have the same problem considering installing jockey-gtk i still cant locate the hardware drivers under the system administration menu , its not even located under main menu when i edit the menu to add it.
plz advise !?!?
btw im running 10.10

thx
Moe

tommcd
November 24th, 2010, 05:35 AM
... i have the same problem considering installing jockey-gtk i still cant locate the hardware drivers under the system administration menu , its not even located under main menu when i edit the menu to add it.

Do you have jockey-gtk installed? Open a terminal (applications > accessories > terminal) and post the output of:

aptitude search jockey
If jockey-gtk is installed there will be an "i" in front of it. If jockey-gtk is not installed there will be a "p" before it.
What video card do you have? You can install the correct driver from the Ubuntu repos using apt-get via the terminal.

And welcome to the Ubuntu forums!

Quackers
November 24th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Is System > Admin > Additional Drivers there - it has been renamed.

comperocean
June 21st, 2011, 06:11 AM
use "jockey-gtk" in terminal to check jockey-gtk installed or not;
use "sudo apt-get install jockey-gtk" to install jockey-gtk;
finished.
the additional drivers can be found.

lottes70
August 30th, 2011, 03:33 AM
jockey-gtk

thanks for the info, my problem was that it wasn't installed.