PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't install Ubuntu 10.04, freezed at keyboard layout selection

jmzolezzi
May 19th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Hello folks, I'm trying to install Ubuntu 10.24 at a computer running Windows 7. Here are 2 scenearios, with the same result:

If I boot from the Ubuntu CD and try to install it, the wizard is freezed at the keyboard layout selection. I'm able to select my keyboard, but after I press Forward, the button is greyed out and nothing happens.
If I press cancel, I load the Live CD and retry the installation from there, selecting the shortcut "Install Ubuntu 10,04 LTS" from the desktop. Everything goes fine until the keyboard layout selection.

Just in case, my keyboard is a USB Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 and it works perfectly fine in Windows 7 and in the Live CD.

Any help is appreciated!

tibman
July 1st, 2010, 12:13 AM
I am having the same problem.
At first I could not even get past the initial boot screen because it would begin install, then my screen would go blank. I found a fix for this by entering 'i915.modeset=0 xforcevesa'. That lets me avoid the black screen of death, but then after step 3 'keyboard layout' I select the correct keyboard and then forward, and it simply does not move to step 4.
I have tryed this with ubuntu x64, x32, mounted to a usb drive, burned to a disc and have not been able to install.
my computer is custome, gigabyte mobo '770ta-ud3', 4 gigs of ram, msi 5770 vid card, amd phenom ii x4 965.

I was able to install ubuntu 9.1 x32 on a 9 year old ibm thinkpad, what's the deal guys?

wolvenhold
August 20th, 2010, 03:19 AM
I am having the same problem- and I can't seem to find or get a definitive answer.

Mr.Comix
August 21st, 2010, 05:20 AM
(off) the keyboard and mouse and (add) them to the computer again
sometimes my keyboard and mouse froze at the log-in windows
i did that and they worked again

beg my bad English, i do not how to say that in English, but i think you know my meaning:(