PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Workspace Switcher - Loop desks, stop pop-up messages.

gencon
May 19th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Using: Ubuntu Lucid.

Question 1:
I have 3 workspaces set, 3 cols on 1 row, and I like to switch between them using shortcut keys set to 'switch to workspace on the left/right of the current workspace'. I would like the workspaces to 'loop', so moving right from desk 3 would bring me back to desk 1. That way with my 3 desks I am always just 1 move away from any desk. Is this possible to setup?

Question 2:
Can I stop the workspace panel from showing the 'helpful' pop-up messages? EG. 'Current workspace...' (always says 'desk 1' even if on another), and 'click to start dragging...app name'.

Thanks all.

tekkisan
October 12th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I see this question has been unanswered from a year ago. I infact have the same question arising from the same problem, except I am running natty.
Thank you

Copper Bezel
October 12th, 2011, 11:11 PM
For 1, in compizconfig-settings-manager, find the Desktop Wall plugin and select the Viewport Switching tab, then check the box for "Allow Wrap-Around."

I've never really used the Gnome Panel workspace switcher, so I don't know anything about 2.

gencon
October 13th, 2011, 10:21 AM
For 1, in compizconfig-settings-manager, find the Desktop Wall plugin and select the Viewport Switching tab, then check the box for "Allow Wrap-Around.".
Thanks Copper - appreciated. Works great!