PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lucid: No mouse/keyboard

ingeva
May 19th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I have tried Lucid on two computers. Wireless mouse and keyboard are DEAD.
Even the server version (before the desktop is installed) ignores them.
If I connect a wired mouse or keyboard they both work fine.

And way to solve this?

ingeva
May 19th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I have tried Lucid on two computers. Wireless mouse and keyboard are DEAD.
Even the server version (before the desktop is installed) ignores them.
If I connect a wired mouse or keyboard they both work fine.

And way to solve this?
Has no one shared this experience?
I'm back to 9.10 now and after some trouble I have it working -- except for NFS and SAMBA which stopped working after 8.10, but sorry, I'm digressing ..... :(

odlnt
October 21st, 2010, 04:51 AM
I have been using a wireless/bluetooth Logitech keyboard with Ubuntu 8.04 and 9.04 (model Y-RAY81) with an Intel MB. Worked fine. Tried to upgrade to 9.10 and 10.04 with the ALT CD and the install froze at "installing base software". The install stopped and asked to insert media "ubuntu 9.10 or 10.04 CD". Could not get the install to continue. Reinserted the CD several times. The "continue" and "back" buttons did nothing. No keyboard commands were recognized. Had to restart from the CPU restart button.

Then tried a clean install of 9.10 and 10.04 several times. Same result. always hung at "installing base system" and "insert media" CD.

Then tried the live desktop 10.04 CD. Got to the splash screen and keyboard/mouse did not respond. Bootup failed at splash screen GUI.

Went back and did a clean install of 9.04 and had no problems. Keyboard recognized and responded.

But I have 10.04 on a couple of other PCs and I like it (except the login choices). The PC with the logitech wireless keyboard is my media PC with an Intel MB. Seems like a hardware recognition issue here with logitech.