PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure If This Goes Here

Apollyein
March 22nd, 2006, 11:01 PM
Dunno if this is the right place to report this, but the spelling at the top of this forum is a bit off. Not to be a spelling stickler or anything (I'm not perfect) but I thought you may want to correct it.

EDIT: To avoid confusion, this was originally in the Resolution Center. Thus, when looking for the text I quote, go there. ;) [/EDIT]

Forum Resolution Center
The forum resolution center exists for helping resolve forum situations. Please follow the directions and policy below before posting.

What should be posted here?
1. If you wish to have a thread removed from the jail post and explain why.
2. If you have a complaint about abuse/harrassment from a forum member or staff.
3. If there is a pending forum issue that isn't being handled correctly by forum staff.
4. If you do not believe a staff member's actions were in line with the Forum Guidelines.

This section will be moderated by the forums administration team. This team consists of four people, Ubuntu-Geek, Jdong, Kassetra and KiwiNZ.

When creating your post follow these rules:
1. There can only be "ONE" issue per thread.
2. Include links to relevant threads or posts, and (if applicable) specific guidelines that were violated.
3. The administration staff and the thread starter will converse, other forum members posts/comments will be removed/edited out.
4. We ask if you did not start the thread you do not post or converse this will only dilute the resolution.
5. If the resolution has not come to an agreement by both sides the thread starter can escalate the issue to the Ubuntu CC and use their thread as reference.
6. Repeated offenders of #3 will receive a PM from a forum administrator warning them if they are in violation. If repeated attempts are made to distrupt progress being made the offender in question will receive a 2 day temporary ban. If still an issue the forum account maybe be revoked at anytime.

In the near future we hope this process can be taken over by a Forum Resolution Team who can dedicated themselves to improving the forums.

Forum Resolution Center
The forum resolution center exists for helping resolve forum situations. Please follow the directions and policy below when posting.

1. If you wish to have a thread removed from the jail, post and explain why.
2. If you have a complaint about abuse/harrassment from a forum member or staff.
3. If there is a pending forum issue that isn't being handled correctly by forum staff.
4. If you do not believe a staff member's actions were in line with the Forum Guidelines.

This section will be moderated by the forums administration team. This team consists of four people: Ubuntu-Geek, Jdong, Kassetra, and KiwiNZ.

1. There can only be ONE issue per thread.
2. Include links to relevant threads or posts, and (if applicable) the specific guidelines that were violated.
3. The administration staff and the thread starter will converse, other forum members' posts/comments will be removed/edited out.
4. We ask that if you did not start the thread you do not post or converse, as this will only delay the resolution.
5. If the resolution has not come to an agreement by both sides the thread starter can escalate the issue to the Ubuntu CC and use their thread as reference.
6. Repeated offenders of rule #3 will receive a PM from a forum administrator warning them that they are in violation. If repeated attempts are made to distrupt progress being made the offender in question will receive a 2 day temporary ban. If still an issue the forum account maybe be revoked at any time.

In the near future we hope this process can be taken over by a Forum Resolution Team who can dedicate themselves to improving the forums.

Once again, I am not sure I got everything, or if what you originally had was wrong. Also, it does not sound like a big deal, but I run a writing forum, and that was just rubbing me the wrong way, and would be until I pointed it out.

Sorry to be nit-picky. ;)

~Polly

aysiu
March 22nd, 2006, 11:07 PM
You're posting in the Resolution Center, but I hope this thread gets moved to the Forums Site Discussion (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=48).

Even your "fixed" version is not fully fixed. Here's a further revision of your proposed revision (changes are in italics):
Forum Resolution Center
The forum resolution center exists for helping resolve forum situations. Please follow the directions and policy below when posting.

This section will be moderated by the forums administration team. This team consists of four people: Ubuntu-Geek, Jdong, Kassetra, and KiwiNZ.

1. There can be only ONE issue per thread.
2. You must include links to relevant threads or posts, and (if applicable) the specific guidelines that were violated.
3. The administration staff and the thread starter will converse--other forum members' posts/comments will be removed/edited out.
4. We ask that if you did not start the thread you do not post or converse, as this will only delay the resolution.
5. If the resolution has not come to an agreement by both sides, the thread starter can escalate the issue to the Ubuntu CC and use her thread as reference.
6. Repeated offenders of rule #3 will receive a PM from a forum administrator warning them that they are in violation. If repeated attempts are made to disrupt progress being made, the offender in question will receive a 2-day temporary ban. If this is still an issue, the forum account maybe be revoked at any time.

In the near future, we hope this process can be taken over by a Forum Resolution Team, who can dedicate themselves to improving the forums. --Former English teacher, aysiu

Apollyein
March 22nd, 2006, 11:13 PM
Thought it didn't go here. ;)

I'll PM a moderator and have them move it.

Sorry for that.

~Polly

EDIT:

See? Told you I'm not perfect. ;) Thanks for the fixes. But, to be fair, I'll return the favor and point out one you missed:

Forum Resolution Center

1. There can be only ONE issue per thread.
2. You must include links to relevant threads or posts, and (if applicable) the specific guidelines that were violated.
3. The administration staff and the thread starter will converse--other forum members' posts/comments will be removed/edited out.
5. If the resolution has not come to an agreement by both sides, the thread starter can escalate the issue to the Ubuntu CC and use her thread as reference.
6. Repeated offenders of rule #3 will receive a PM from a forum administrator warning them that they are in violation. If repeated attempts are made to disrupt progress being made, the offender in question will receive a 2-day temporary ban. If this is still an issue, the forum account may be be revoked at any time.

In the near future, we hope this process can be taken over by a Forum Resolution Team, who can dedicate themselves to improving the forums.

~Polly
Fledgling Grammarian and Nuisance Extraordinaire :p

aysiu
March 22nd, 2006, 11:27 PM
Thought it didn't go here. ;)

I'll PM a moderator and have them move it.

Sorry for that.

~Polly It's been moved. Great!

By the way, I just re-read your original post. You were looking for spelling errors, apparently. I was looking for grammatical errors.

Edit: Actually, there's a spelling error neither you nor I caught. Harassment is the correct spelling, not harrassment.

Apollyein
March 22nd, 2006, 11:31 PM
It's been moved. Great!

By the way, I just re-read your original post. You were looking for spelling errors, apparently. I was looking for grammatical errors.

Edit: Actually, there's a spelling neither you nor I caught. Harassment is the correct spelling, not harrassment.
To be fair, I pointed out grammar issues as well. It also could be argued that spelling is a form of grammar. But let's not get into linguistic theories here. I'd be happy to have IM discussions with you about it, or you could walk over to my forums, which would be a proper place to debate this.

Also, to be fair, the moderator I PMed is not the one that moved this. How do I know? I received a nice PM about it. Wasn't that nice? I would've just moved it and let them wonder where their thread went...

EDIT: Harassment, eh? Can't believe I missed that...

Cheers.

~Polly
Fellow English Lover