PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No 'write to disk' option

Denny Johnson
May 18th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hi....I'm feeling in over my head.
Upgraded from 8.04 LTS to 10.04 LTS, but can't get the sound working.
Have downloaded the 10.04 Ubuntu CD image to install, but when I try to follow the directions at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto for burning the image............it says to Right click on the ISO image file and choose Write to Disc.
I have no WRITE TO DISC option when I right click.
Will some kind soul please tell me how to burn the downloaded CD image to a CD?
Thanks

darkod
May 18th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Is your drive detected properly?

If right-click doesn't work, you should still be able to find the CD/DVD burner in Applications-Accessories or the other submenus in Applications. Sorry, don't remember the exact location now.

Once you open the software, there should be way to burn an image and to specify which image.

lisati
May 18th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Is the blank disk being detected when you insert it? Is it actually a blank disk? Is it a -RW disk? (I have heard that RW disks are sometimes problematical)

Denny Johnson
May 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks for comebacks.
The drive seems to be detected when I insert the disc, an Icon pops up on the desktop and a box opens.

It's a new CD-R 80 min 700 mb.

I don't see anything that I recognize as a CD burning tool anywhere in APPLICATIONS..............and when I insert the CD, the box that opens asking "select how to open the CD..........," the dropdown box shows 'no applications found.'

Does it seem that I lost my CD burning tools w the upgrade to 10.04?
If so, any suggestions re what and how to install a new tool?

Denny Johnson
May 18th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I did some searching, downloaded GNOMEBAKER from Symantic, rebooted, reloaded disk....................still no Write to Disk option w the right click.

Denny Johnson
May 18th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Think I see how to do it from within Gnomebaker, off to try.

Darxus
December 9th, 2010, 07:57 PM
I had the same problem. Fixed it by installing the package nautilus-cd-burner, logging out, and logging back in.