PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Desktop Cube, flat windows!

ginjaninja405
May 18th, 2010, 06:51 PM
The windows on my Desktop Cube aren't raised, and in the CompizConfig Settings Manager, I can't find any settings that change it or activate it. When I last had Ubuntu installed, I use to be able to... could anybody help me?

It seems I don't have all of the Compiz Settings actually, I'm missing some and I wonder where I've gone wrong? Some of the old animations aren't there that I use to use.

Thanks,

Sam

howefield
May 18th, 2010, 06:59 PM
I think you might need to install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra to get the plugin which will give you 3D windows on the cube.

System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager.

moongia
May 18th, 2010, 07:01 PM
The windows on my Desktop Cube aren't raised, and in the CompizConfig Settings Manager, I can't find any settings that change it or activate it. When I last had Ubuntu installed, I use to be able to... could anybody help me?

It seems I don't have all of the Compiz Settings actually, I'm missing some and I wonder where I've gone wrong? Some of the old animations aren't there that I use to use.

Thanks,

Sam

go into your synaptic,type compiz,and look for compiz-fusion-plugins-extra.install it and then go into your compizconfig settings manager.and you should see 3d windows..

dv3500ea
May 18th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Make sure compizconfig-settings-manager (apt:compizconfig-settings-manager) is installed.
Go to System -> Preferences -> CompizConfig Settings Manager
Under Effects, enable 3D Windows.
You may need to install:
compiz-fusion-plugins-extra (apt:compiz-fusion-plugins-extra)
compiz-fusion-plugins-main (apt:compiz-fusion-plugins-main)
compiz-plugins (apt:compiz-plugins)

ginjaninja405
May 18th, 2010, 09:19 PM
thank you all! It was successful!