PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lucid upgrade: How to restore default desktop and font settings

haribol707
May 18th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hello All,

I upgraded from Karmic to Lucid recently. Before upgrading, I had customized my desktop on Karmic with Compiz, Emerald and new set of fonts. After upgrade (which appears to have gone smoothly, yay!), my desktop retained the previous appearance settings. I want to try the factory default gnome appearance settings for Lucid and still stuck with restoring fonts.

What I have done till now:
0. Enabled Visual Effects from Appearance menu.
1. Theme -> Changed to Human
2. Window Manager -> Still using Compiz
3. Window Decorator -> Switched from Emerald to GTK
4. Font -> Changed first 3 font types in the Font tab to Sans, size 10, 4th to Sans Bold and 5th to Monochrome. Rendering -> subpixel smoothing (LCD)

What I want:
1. Is this the default setting? Have I missed anything in restoring default settings?
2. I have done too many changes to firefox font rendering over time. How do I restore default 10.04 font settings for Firefox?

I would ideally love to have an option in Ubuntu which would help me restore factory settings.

pravinbravi
November 28th, 2010, 03:44 PM
for restoring default fonts in firefox please refer to post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1424627&page=2
Good luck.