PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GAH! Multi Monitors not working!

lolumad173
May 18th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Alright, I'm running Ubuntu 10.04, an Nvidia 9600GSO, an Intel Q9300, and some RAM. Anyway, I'm trying to get a 19in LCD monitor to run a 1440x900, connected through DVI, and a 46in LCD TV to run in 1920x1080, through an S-Video to Component adapter. It kinda works, the 19 inch monitor looks fine, but the TV runs a 1024x768, and the aspect ration obviously doesn't work... How do I get this working?
thanks in advance,
lolumad

portentum
May 18th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Alright, I'm running Ubuntu 10.04, an Nvidia 9600GSO, an Intel Q9300, and some RAM. Anyway, I'm trying to get a 19in LCD monitor to run a 1440x900, connected through DVI, and a 46in LCD TV to run in 1920x1080, through an S-Video to Component adapter. It kinda works, the 19 inch monitor looks fine, but the TV runs a 1024x768, and the aspect ration obviously doesn't work... How do I get this working?
thanks in advance,
lolumad
S-Video isn't capable of what you want out of it, sorry. (and no, slapping a component adapter on the end doesn't make it so)
Unfortunately, without changing outputs, you won't be getting any better than that out of it.

If you can tell me what other outputs your video card has available (an extra DVI output?) and what inputs your TV has, maybe we can figure out what would get you up and running the way you'd like.

lolumad173
May 19th, 2010, 02:34 AM
S-Video isn't capable of what you want out of it, sorry. (and no, slapping a component adapter on the end doesn't make it so)
Unfortunately, without changing outputs, you won't be getting any better than that out of it.

If you can tell me what other outputs your video card has available (an extra DVI output?) and what inputs your TV has, maybe we can figure out what would get you up and running the way you'd like.

This makes a little sense. I suppose I'll have to get a DVI to HDMI adapter, since it does have another DVI port. That would work, right?

portentum
May 19th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Yes, as far as I can tell that would be the best way to go about it. I don't like to recommend that someone go buy additional cables and things, but unfortunately it's sometimes just the only practical solution. :?