PDA

View Full Version : Help with Eclipse and Android SDK

lfitz
May 17th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hi, I installed the Android SDK and ADT Plugin for Eclipse. But I have two problems: when I create a project I get an error message with no text, just an 'OK' button. Also, the build target selection list doesn't display properly, I can access it by tabbing through all the elements then using the arrow keys to select say Android 2.1 and spacebar to activate the checkbox.

Any ideas on how I could fix this?

soltanis
May 17th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Make sure you have a proper JDK installed (OpenJDK), not the GNU Compiler for Java (gcj) which I think is the Eclipse default. When I installed the Android SDK I got weird behavior like that too until I realized my environment was configured to use GNU Classpath. Make sure you also have that compiler configured for use in Eclipse.

lfitz
May 17th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Make sure you have a proper JDK installed (OpenJDK), not the GNU Compiler for Java (gcj) which I think is the Eclipse default. When I installed the Android SDK I got weird behavior like that too until I realized my environment was configured to use GNU Classpath. Make sure you also have that compiler configured for use in Eclipse.

Can you explain how to do this?

I am still new to Eclipse.

I downloaded JDK bin and installed it. But I'm not sure how to change it in Eclipse.

Thank you!