PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] display problem after upgrade to lucid

ketansp
May 17th, 2010, 07:14 PM
i was using karmic koala x86_64 (amd) for really long time. it worked fine.

i upgraded to lucid lynx 2 weeks back. after tthe installation was complete, it wanted a restart. when i restarted it, i could not see anything, not even the bios, neither the grub. nothing. not even live cd worked. i could though listen to the login sound.

i just removed my laptop battery and put it in again and the display worked for that time only. each time i had to take put my battery and put it in to start.

i managed with it for a few days, but wanted a permanant solution. i installed nvidia current version 195 from stnaptic. activated it hardware drivers under amin. it demanded a restart. i restarted my laptop and now its gone again.

the display has stopped working. it does not even show the bios menu, neither the grub. so no use of putting in a live cd. i ve checked and know its not a hardware fault. the trick with removing battery and putting it in does not work anymore.

i can log in to command line mode with the help of cntrl+alt+F3. i have tried some commands for removing the driver, but its not working. i even tried the SSH thing but could not run it successfully.

could you pls help me with this problem. i am ready to sacrifice my data on ubuntu partition. pls give me some solution.:confused::confused::confused::confused:: confused:

ps... what if i remove my laptop's hard disk? could i run a live cd??

ketansp
June 11th, 2010, 11:20 AM
its been three weeks and not even a single reply??

seriously wtf guys?