PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Partition access

MaxTTT
May 17th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Hi all,

I have a sony vaio laptop, partitioned and running windows and karmic. I had everything going smoothly, but I could not get the laptop to send the picture to my tv via the s video cable. I messed around with the X-org file so much that I could not get the machine to boot.

In the end, I created another partition and reinstalled ubuntu.

All good except now I can't access the original partition. G-parted sees it, and it says it is mounted, but I don't know what to do to access the files on it.
The partition is the one labeled old lap.

I am not that experienced in Ubuntu, so please don't assume any knowledge!

....and I still can't send the signal to the TV like the windows boot can.

All help gratefully received.

Doug11
May 17th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Hi all,

I have a sony vaio laptop, partitioned and running windows and karmic. I had everything going smoothly, but I could not get the laptop to send the picture to my tv via the s video cable. I messed around with the X-org file so much that I could not get the machine to boot.

In the end, I created another partition and reinstalled ubuntu.

All good except now I can't access the original partition. G-parted sees it, and it says it is mounted, but I don't know what to do to access the files on it.
The partition is the one labeled old lap.

I am not that experienced in Ubuntu, so please don't assume any knowledge!

....and I still can't send the signal to the TV like the windows boot can.

All help gratefully received.

i don't think you can access files through Gpart.I think it's mainly just a disk utility. Can you not see your old install of Ubuntu in your places menu of the newly installed Ubuntu?

Doug11
May 17th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Here you see in mine,,,the 215GB filesysytem is my Windows partition.

MaxTTT
May 17th, 2010, 09:59 AM
No, even though it says it is mounted, it does not appear in my places, all I see is the windows partition and computer (ubuntu).

MaxTTT
May 20th, 2010, 09:53 AM
So I suppose what I want, is the code to put into terminal to access the drive.

MaxTTT
June 5th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Be obsequious purple and clairvoyant?