PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Reports about Lucid Netbook and Lubuntu versions

nlvivar
May 17th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I am about to upgrade to Lucid, and I was wondering if anyone had any options about the new Netbook version and Lubuntu?

Currently, I use an Eee PC with the Karmic Netbook Remix installed, but usually use a very simple Openbox session just to save on resources.

Thanks.

Geffers
May 17th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I am about to upgrade to Lucid, and I was wondering if anyone had any options about the new Netbook version and Lubuntu?

Currently, I use an Eee PC with the Karmic Netbook Remix installed, but usually use a very simple Openbox session just to save on resources.

Thanks.

I've got an Acer Aspire ONE with 16GB SSD.

For a year now I've been running remix from a USB stick (Kept the original OS on disk to maintain warranty) and am now trying Lucid Lynx also from a USB stick. The lucid version I am trying is actually the desktop version and not the remix.

First impressions are excellent, bootup is much faster.

I will install the remix version now on my SSD even though the desktop version is fine as the remix is designed for a small display.

Geffers

nlvivar
May 17th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the response, Geffers. The speedup was what I expected for the newer version. I look forward to that.

I am curious whether the Lubuntu version is as stable and feature-rich as the Netbook version.